Education Donation Program
Unlike most fundraising programs, you are not limited to a school-level donation. Instead, this exclusive program allows you to state exactly where your donation goes: Your child's classroom, a club or team, the PTO, or a guidance counselor (and, of course, you may donate at the school level if you prefer).
Why Did SCCU Create This Program?
School budgets do not cover everything that is needed in the classroom. Each year, Florida's teachers typically spend $400 - $500 of their own money on classroom supplies and items to provide a rich learning experience. New teachers often spend over $1,000 during their first year on the job! Your donation can help pay a teacher back. Or, a teacher may use the donated funds towards field trip fees or other classroom purchases.
You can also register any school organization - the PTO, the band, the football team, the surf club, or any group directly associated with K - 12 schools.
Whether you're a parent or grandparent of a child in school, or just want to help out, you can support learning every day as you shop with your SCCU cards.
How does the Education Donation Program work?
This Program is an extension of SCCU's FREE Scorecard Rewards program for Visa® Platinum credit cards:
- You don't have to enroll to earn points – Scorecard is an automatic benefit provided with your card. But you DO have to register a recipient to participate in the Education Donation Program.
- You may direct from 10% – 75% of your points each month to the program.
- You may enroll up to 5 recipients. Choose a favorite teacher, school, PTO, school club, or sports team.
- You can update your recipients at any time.
- Recipients DO NOT have to be SCCU members to receive funds.
- Your donated points will be converted to a cash equivalent to be held in a non-interest bearing SCCU Education Donation account in your recipient’s name until redemption or expiration according to the Program rules.
- Your donation is based on purchase activity that occurs after your recipient is registered, so act today.
Getting Started is as Easy as A-B-C.
- Get a low-rate SCCU Visa® Platinum credit card.
- Register a teacher, PTO, team, club, or school. Learn more about registering.
- Shop with your SCCU card!
Need More Information?
Review these Frequently Asked Questions. You may also call an SCCU representative with your questions at 321-752-2222 (option 5) or 800-447-7228 (option 5).
Act today to start the apple rolling!
*Conversion rate as of November, 2008: 1.3 cents per point. Example: A donation of 500 points during a month will result in a donation of 500 x $.013, or $6.50, to be held until redemption or expiration according to the Program rules.
This Program may be changed or withdrawn without notice.