TurboTax Pricing & Eligibility For the Federal Free Edition
PLEASE NOTE the following regarding TurboTax pricing:
- There is a $29.95 charge if you choose the option to pay your TurboTax costs out of your 2011 tax return.
- Free Edition: Not all filers will be able to use the Federal Free Edition of TurboTax. You can only use the Free Edition when filing Tax Schedules A and/or B. Access TurboTax using the link provided on SCCU's web site and use the TurboTax online help guide to see if you are eligible to use this Edition.
Please note that the following activities will require (or cause) an upgrade from "Free" TurboTax to a paid product version such as "Basic" or "Deluxe":
- Importing data from outside sources such as your financial institution, Quicken or last year's TurboTax return.
- Using a 1099 - MISC form. This form creates a "Schedule C" and therefore requires an upgrade to a paid product.
- Not starting the "Free" return by clicking the "Federal Free Edition" on the TurboTax homepage. Starting the "Free" return anywhere else in the product will require an upgrade to a paid product (to back-up to the homepage and access "Free" simply click "Learn More" in the "Free Edition" and then click on "Included forms" on the next screen).
- Using Schedules C,D,E or F
- If you used a paid product last year and would like to use the "Free" product this year than you must re-register, create a new username and password and start the "Free" return by clicking the "Federal Free Edition" on the TurboTax homage.