SCCU College Planning
SCCU College Planning Checklist Steps:
Open a Checking Account.
College-age members (age 18 – 21) may choose from any checking account service. Also ask for a free Visa® Debit Card. This will allow you to make purchases or withdraw cash at ATMs worldwide. Select a card that expresses your personal style!
All SCCU Checking Accounts feature:
- FREE Visa® Debit card (with no PIN usage fees)
- FREE Online Banking
- FREE Bill Payer
- FREE Direct Deposit Available
- FREE BudgetMaster service
- Unlimited debit and ATM card transactions*
- Available Automatic Overdraft Transfer from your SCCU savings account or credit card
- Additional benefits like free checks, waived fees at non–SCCU ATMs and discounted auto rates, based on your household's Member Rewards™ level.
Open your Checking Account by calling Express Services, Monday-Friday 8:00am–6:30pm or Saturday 9:00am–3:00pm.
- Brevard: 321-752-2222, option 3
- Broward: 954-704-5000, option 3
- Miami-Dade: 305-882-5000, option 3
- All Other Areas: 800-447-7228, option 3
Get an Account Access Code for CALL–24
If you don't already have a 4–digit Account Access Code for CALL–24 (or if you forgotten yours), you may obtain one by visiting your nearest SCCU branch. For security reasons, Account Access Codes can only be requested in person.Learn more about CALL–24 functions.
Enroll in FREE Online Banking.
With our FREE Online Banking, you’ll have instant access to your account information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Log on from any page within SCCU.com.
By using Online Banking, you can:
- Check your balance, make transfers, verify deposits or withdrawals, and access a number of automated Self-Services, like applying for a loan or changing your contact information.
- Set up Alerts to notify you when certain activity occurs or to get a daily notice that shows your account balance. Messages can be sent your cell phone or email inbox.
- Pay bills using FREE Bill Payer.
- Set up Family Banking, giving whoever you choose limited access to your account.
- View your SCCU statement online, available by the 4th of each month.
- View and print your 1098 and 1099 tax forms.
If you already have an Account Access Code, but have never used our Online Banking services, log on using your Account Access Code to enroll. Then set up your unique Username and Password.
If you do not have an Account Access Code, visit your nearest SCCU branch to establish one.
Set up a Cross Account Service for Your Parent(s) or Legal Guardian.
This service allows a parent or legal guardian to make deposits to your account simply by transferring money online or using CALL–24.
Contact the Member Service Center for information.
Sign Up for e–Statements.
E–Statements are convenient and delivered right to your inbox. They also prevent identity thieves from stealing your paper statement from your physical mailbox.
To sign up for e–Statements, logon to Online Banking, then visit the Additional Services tab and choose Cancel Paper Statements from the Account Services section.
Locate the Shared Service Center Branch Near Your College.
If you are living outside of the SCCU service area, you can easily access your accounts through CALL–24 or Online Banking, and any ATM that displays the Accel/Exchange®, Plus®, or Visa® logo.
What if you need to make a payment on an SCCU loan, but can't transfer it by phone or online because your checking account is with another financial institution? Access the Shared Service Center branch nearest you and conduct your transaction right in the lobby.
- Transfers between SCCU accounts
- Purchase Travelers Cheques
- Money Orders
- Stop Payment Orders
- Credit Card Cash Advance
- Loan Payments
- Statement Printouts
- Balance Inquiries
Call the Member Service Center to locate the nearest Shared Service Center branch.
*Debit card will be issued subject to our usual credit criteria.
Get a Student Credit Builder Card.
An SCCU Student Credit Builder Card can help college students in several ways, if used judiciously. It's recommended to read this article before you decide to get a credit card. Also, access this helpful link for specifics on opening an SCCU Student Account Savings-Secured Credit Card.
Your parent or legal guardian may need to co-sign the application, or have them include you as an authorized user of their credit card. Open your Student Credit Builder Card by calling Express Services.